boko Haram
Page: 3
The Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, has said that the Federal Government has succeeded in blocking terrorism financing in Nigeria. Malami told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in New York that the federal government had also succeeded in identifying and detaining “high profile individuals” responsible for […]
The Acting General Officer Commanding (GOC), 7 Division, Brig.-Gen. Abdulwahab Eyitayo, says more than 8,000 Boko Haram terrorists have so far surrendered to troops. He said the terrorists surrendered from their enclaves in Sambisa Forests, as well as other hideouts. Eyitayo, who is also the Commander, Sector 1, Operation Hadin Kai, disclosed this during […]
The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Gen. Leo Irabor, has allayed the fears of Nigerians on the ongoing mass surrendering by members of the dreaded Boko Haram sect. Irabo gave the advice in a statement issued by Maj.-Gen. Benjamin Sawyer, Director, Defence Information at the end of an interactive session which the CDS had […]
The Nigerian Army has denied allegations that it is planning to free some senior Boko Haram Bomb explosive experts in its custody. The Army also said more than 1,000 Boko Haram terrorists have surrendered to troops due to intense offensive operations on the hideouts and camps in the North East. A statement by Brig […]
Troops of the Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) have eliminated more than 20 Boko Haram and Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists in Borno, the Nigerian Army says. Army Spokesperson, Brig.-Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu, in a statement on Monday, said that the terrorists were hit in their camp around Wartek […]
The acting Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba, has notified the commissioners of police in the Federal Capital Territory and Plateau State over imminent attacks by Boko Haram members. The alert contained in a May 19, 2021 circular addressed to the two commissioners of police and signed by the Principal Staff Officer to the IGP, […]
Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, the Islamic cleric who said bandits should be granted amnesty has called on the federal government to pay the N100 million ransom demanded by kidnappers of Greenfield University students to prevent the situation from degenerating further. Gumi also said, Tuesday, that Boko Haram was responsible for the kidnap and not bandits. […]
There was apprehension on Thursday morning as operatives subjected lawmakers, their aides and visitors to thorough stop-and-search at the access gates of the National Assembly complex. NASS staff and journalists working in the complex were also asked to provide staff identification before being granted access The exercise created a massive traffic gridlock with entrance […]
Senators and three governors on Tuesday expressed concern about the nationwide ceaseless killings and kidnappings in the country, urging the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd,), to seek foreign help. The lawmakers, while debating a motion on activities of Boko Haram in Niger State, described insecurity in the country as not only terrible, but […]
Governor Abubakar Bello of Niger State, on Monday said Boko Haram had already infiltrated the state and had not only hoisted their flags in captured villages, including Kaure village in the Shiroro Local Government of the state, they had also forcefully allocated displaced women to themselves as wives. The governor speaking when he visited […]

Crown FM Onitsha