boko Haram
Page: 2
No fewer than 101 suspected Boko Haram terrorists have been allegedly released from the Kirikiri Medium Security Prison, Lagos State. According to an online platform, Foundation for Investigative Journalism, wardens at the facility let them out as part of a swap deal for the release of travellers who were abducted in Kaduna on […]
The military has announced the release of all the 23 remaining passengers held hostage by Boko Haram Terrorists following the attack on the Abuja to Kaduna train. In a statement issued Wednesday by the Chief of Defense Staff Action Committee (CDSAC), Prof. Usman Yusuf, said their release was secured on Wednesday. The statement reads: […]
The Federal Government said, yesterday, that it has conducted a major analytical operation that was focused on individuals financing the Boko Haram terrorist group and its affiliates in the country. The government, which disclosed this at the opening session of a five-day Compliance Summit organized by the Inter-Governmental Action Group Against Money Laundering […]
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered members of the Nigerian Armed Forces to confront terrorists and wipe them off the face of the earth. The president gave the order at the Jaji Military Cantonment in Kaduna State while addressing military officers at the graduation ceremony of 247 students of the Senior Course 44 of the […]
Inmates held at Kuje Correctional Centre in Abuja are threatening a deadly riot after officials claimed a large chunk of money kept for the prisoners had been carted away by Boko Haram insurgents who breached the facility on Tuesday night, two sources with information have informed Peoples Gazette. The money had been kept […]
The Minister of Defence, Bashir Magashi, says 64 Boko Haram suspects in Kuje prison in the federal capital territory (FCT) are missing. The minister confirmed this on Wednesday at a media briefing at the facility in Abuja. Gunmen had attacked the prison with explosives on Tuesday night. Shuaib Belgore, permanent secretary, ministry of […]
It is eight years after Boko Haram insurgents abducted 276 school girls from the Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, Borno state, with the help of Theatre Command Operation Hadin Kai two Chibok girls have been rescued from Sambisa forest. The girls were said to have been rescued at Gazuwa enclave in Bama Local […]
The UN Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, has urged the international community to support humanitarian action in Borno, currently recovering from insurgency. Gutteres made the call on Tuesday in Maiduguri while rounding off his visit to the state where he interacted with displaced persons, repentant Boko-Haram members and government officials led by Gov. Babagana Zulum. “I […]
The Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit have uncovered 96 financiers of Boko Haram and ISWAP. Government also said NFIU was able to unmasked 424 associates/supporters of the financiers, with about 123 companies and 33 bureaux de change who are linked with terrorism in the country. This was disclosed by Minister of Information and Culture, Lai […]
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has said that Nigeria will spare no efforts at getting rid of Boko Haram terrorists, especially in the North-East part of the West African nation. Buhari also said that though the insurgent group has been weakened by the defence forces, it is still active in the country […]

Crown FM Onitsha